Thursday, 16 October 2014


Roses Bring Dreams of You


Music and Words by Herbert Ingraham
Copyright 1907 Maurice Shapiro
Roses Bring Dreams of You sheet music page 1Roses Bring Dreams of You sheet music page 2Roses Bring Dreams of You sheet music page 3

Roses Bring Dreams of You Lyrics

Alone I sit this summer morn,
The roses all in bloom,
Bring mem’ries of the golden past,
That faded all too soon.
I pluck the roses from their stems,
Their petals wet with dew,
I think of days in years gone by,
When I loved only you.
Refrain
Roses, roses, roses bring mem’ries of you, dear,
Mem’ries of love’s sweetest hours
Telling our love to the flowers,
Roses, roses, your love was like the roses,
Fresh for a day but they faded away;
Red roses bring dreams of you.
Second Verse
I’ve roamed the world alone since then,
That day you proved untrue,
But I’ve been, Oh! So lonesome, dear,
For just one word from you.
‘Twas as you willed, you broke the vows,
I bade you go, and yet
I’ve tried to tear you from my heart,
And still I can’t forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment